- 4 cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (slightly packed)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- handful of toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and spices in a large bowl
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin in another bowl.
- Combine pumpkin mixture with the dry ingredients and mix until flour is combined into the dough. This can be done best with a little hand kneading at the end!
- Toast the almonds on the stove over low heat – pay attention! They will burn quickly.
- Mix the toasted almonds into the dough.
- Roll the dough out into a long log, about 4 inches wide by an inch high. If you need to, you can split the dough into two logs and bake on two trays.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the biscotti cool, and then slice into thin cookies (about 1/2 inch). Arrange slices on baking trays and put back in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping the cookies halfway through.
This recipe was adapted from the lovely and multilingual blog, “Eat Me!” and the original can be found here.